Belden Webinar:Migration Strategies to 40G/100G for MM Fiber
With my busy schedule I was sorry to find that I missed the Live webinar “Market Strategies to 40G & 100G for Multimode Fiber” presented by Belden’s Paul Kish this past Thursday. I was glad to see that I could view the recorded version, which I just finished watching. It is well worth the time, about 45 minutes (you can jump to 3:25 mark if you want to skip the intro that was meant for the “Live” version).
Here’s the quick overview from Belden:
This presentation will provide an overview of the cabling requirements for networks operating on 40GBASE-SR4 and 100GBASE-SR10. Attendees will receive guidance on an effective migration strategy to 40 and 100 Gigabit Ethernet over multimode fiber; optical fiber loss testing for accurate measurements; and the need for low-loss connectors to meet tight insertion loss budgets for 40G and 100G Ethernet links.
- Understand the need for 40 Gigabit and 100 Gigabit applications in a Data Center
- Learn about the relative economics of 10 Gigabit versus 40Gigabit & 100 Gigabit over Optical Fiber
- Understand the cabling requirements for 40GBASE-SR4 and 100GBASE-SR10
- Discover effective migration strategies from 10 Gigabit to 40 Gigabit and 100 Gigabit Ethernet over multimode fiber
- Recognize the additional challenges of optical fiber loss testing for accurate measurements and the need for low-loss connectors to meet tight insertion loss budgets for 40G and 100G Ethernet links
The recorded webinar will be available to view through August 24th: Click Here to Register and View Now