Gartner’s Top 10 IT Infrastructure Trends – How Will They Affect your Data Center?
Gartner, one of the world’s leading information technology and advisory companies, presented their “Top 10″ list of IT infrastructure and operations trends during their Symposium in Orlando, Florida earlier this week. How will they affect your data center? Gartner points out multiple threats, as well as opportunities. Amongst the threats are the exodus of “loyal” baby boomers from IT jobs. Their younger generation replacements are significantly less loyal and more willing to move from job to job.
Here is a brief rundown of the Top Ten, followed by a link to an article I found which expands on each trend:
1. Virtualization expanding to desktops
2. Big data, patterns and analytics
3. Energy efficiency and monitoring
4. Context awareness (involves integrating corporate data into social media streams)
5. Creating an IT staff structure that can deal with a wave of retirements
6. Social networking and IT
7. Consumerization and the tablet
8. Compute and data center density
9. Cloud computing
10. Fabric computing or infrastructure convergence
Have you seen any of these trends affecting your data center?